Saturday, January 5, 2013

39 Weeks

Well, I'm still hanging in there! Doctor's appointment didn't go exactly as I had planned this week. I  had my hopes set high that I would be more dilated and progressing more, but I'm still at 1 cm. My doctor wants to do an ultrasound next week (day before my due date) to check Connor's size, fluid, etc to make sure everything is okay. She said that by me not progressing anymore may be mother natures way of telling us something. So now we just wait. And I'm getting inpatient :( We are so ready to meet Connor and pray every day for a safe and healthy delivery and baby. Hopefully, the ultrasound does not show a 9 pound baby or any other problems that may cause me to have to have a c-section. I have not even prepared for that. Since my entire pregnancy has gone so smooth, I just assumed that my water would break and I would go into labor on my own. I know I still have a week before I hit 40 weeks so there is still time for Connor to get ready. But, now I'm getting a little anxious! His heart rate was around 160 BPM and he surprisingly is still moving a good bit. I have read that many babies quit moving as much in the last few weeks because they just run out of room, but Connor is still very active. I feel like I am still having a few contractions here and there, but still not a lot. Swelling is still very minimal. Primarily still in my hands at night, which is very painful when I try to make a fist. I'm still feeling pretty good. Back aches come and go. Still working and plan to work up until Connor makes his arrival, whether planned or unplanned.

So, at this point, we are waiting for Tuesday to see the results of ultrasound and internal check. Then we will set up a plan. Praying I will have progressed by then.

Brad took some pictures of me this week since we were both off of work for New Years. Here are a few of my fav's. Of course, Nola wanted to be in a few as well :)







We celebrated NYE with the Lee's and their newest addition, Layla. Grilled out steaks and relaxed!





And we rang in the New Year falling asleep on the couch :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment