Sunday, December 30, 2012

37-38 Weeks

Merry Christmas to us! And Connor! We have been spoiled
yet again for Christmas by both my family and Brad's family. My mom and sister bought Connor a lot of really cute clothes! His closet is about full with of the clothes he has! Mom bought Connor a monogrammed pillow that I had been wanting and searching everywhere for. It's perfect! Brad and I have been wanting a really good DSLR camera for years, and now that we have Connor on the way it was the best time to put it on our Christmas list. So, on Christmas Eve, Brad's parents surprised us with a Canon Rebel T3i and his grandmother got us an extended lens and case! For Connor, "Santa" brought him a Pack N Play and Baby monitor! Those were the last 2 big items on our registry so finally feel like we have everything we need for Connor's arrival...I think? Guess we will find out in a few more weeks!  Can't believe Christmas has already come and gone and now we are about to be in January! Not much longer for Connor's arrival.

Due to it being Christmas week, my doctor's appointment kind of got split in the middle of weeks 37 and 38. Not much has changed since my last appointment, though. Still 1 cm dilated. Having some contractions (braxton hicks) but they are still off and on. Swelling is about the same..primarily in my hands and worst in the mornings. I can barely make a fist in the mornings with my left hand. Crazy. I have to soak my legs and feet at night because of restless leg kicking in. Seems like they just won't relax until I soak them in hot water for a few minutes! Once I soak them, I can go sound to sleep and sleep throughout most of the night with the exception of getting up once or twice to use the restroom. My back is feeling better for the most part as well. Overall, I really feel great for being 38 weeks pregnant. I kept hearing that the last month of pregnancy was terrible, but it hasn't been for me. I still have a lot of my energy and have definitely been "nesting" throughout the house. Brad never knows how the house is going to look when he gets home from work :) I can always tell when I over do it though, because my back will start getting achy and stiff feeling and feet start hurting. Brad has been very good about massaging my feet and back throughout the entire pregnancy. Even when he is tired and been on his feet all day, he will come home and rub mine. He is great! And I can't wait to see him as a father to Connor.

I go back to the doctor this Friday, Jan 4, and then again Jan 8. Connor's due date is Jan 9. I'm hoping he will come on his on by the 9th but if he doesn't we will induce. That's the plan as of now anyway :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment