Monday, September 10, 2012

22 Weeks

Time seems to be flying by so quick! I am still feeling great and trying to stay as active as I can. I got my crib this weekend! Yay! One of our friends is so graciously letting us borrow her daughters off-white iron crib. It is beautiful!!! We haven't put it together yet, but as soon as we do pics will be posted. Also, this weekend Mrs. Daphne and I went to Purvis to meet The Real McCoy (Ken McCoy who makes custom furniture). I have picked out a book shelf and changing table dresser for Connor in a Restoration Hardware catalog and have heard great things about The Real McCoy so we met with him about the two pieces to make. He gave me great prices on both! He said they would be ready mid November which will give me plenty time to paint it since I want to distress it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. So the nursery is beginning to come together finally. I'm going to Jackson in a few weeks and Jennifer and I plan to look for bedding for the crib. I'm excited!

Also this week....2 Brothers Grill Hattiesburg opened!! Brad been working so hard this week with all of the last minute decor, setting up kitchen equipment, and ordering food as well as training and managing of new employees. Needless to say, he is exhausted! Brad also asked me to opening day (which was a Thursday) through the weekend bartending...yes bartending! Although they only have beer at this time, I still felt crazy bartending at 5 months pregnant! It ended up being fun though. We had a great opening weekend with 2 Brothers Grill and everyone seems to really love the food! We are keeping our fingers crossed for continued success :)


Sunday was my 28th birthday! We didn't do a lot to celebrate this year because of the restaurant opening the same weekend, however, Brad did surprise me with pink roses on the bar at the restaurant and mom and Tommy drove down to eat and brought me a cake! It was a great day :) We are really celebrating my birthday next weekend with my mother, mother in law, Daphne, and sister in law, Whitney and her mother. Mrs. Daphne surprised Whitney and I with a beach trip for both of our birthdays since hers in next week too! We are very excited about this girls trip and can't wait to lay on the beach!


Pregnancy Highlights: 


How Far Along: 22 weeks

Size of Baby: The size of a papaya about  8 inches and 1.2 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have actually lost a pound so total is now 11 pounds. 

Maternity Clothes: Scrubs and maxi dresses are my attire these days :) I dress for comfort!

Gender: It's a BOY!

Movement: Connor is very active at night when I am laying down

Sleep: Sleeping good at night! Definitely not as tired as I was. 

Cravings/Aversions: Aversions - red meat! Staying away from burgers and steak which have both made me sick!

Emotions: Feeling really good

What I Miss: Well, I put on my swim suit tonight trying it on for the beach....I am definitely missing my flat stomach! But I am so excited about the arrival of Connor that I am trying to embrace my new baby bump :)

Symptoms: Mid back pain, primarily left side ever since it started in the first trimester. Indigestion is beginning to kick in too. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Putting Connor's crib together and getting his furniture for the nursery!







No comments:

Post a Comment