Monday, September 10, 2012

21 Weeks

I finally felt Connor move and kick this week! And Brad got to fell him kick, too! I was laying in bed on my back and all of a sudden I just felt a very faint flutter. I didn't say anything to Brad because I wasn't sure what I felt, but then he did it again..and again..and again! Brad put his hand on my stomach and felt him kick after about the 4th time I felt the kick and he got to feel him too. We just giggled at each other. It was such an amazing feeling. Since then, I have felt him just about every day, although it is usually at night when I am laying on my back. :)

For Brad, this week has been crunch time to get 2 Brothers Grill, Hattiesburg open. We planned on opening September 4 (the day after Labor Day), however, since last weeks hurricane brought so much bad weather we have had to move the opening date to September 6 so we can get all the employees trained. He is very anxious and stressed this week trying to get everything done so I haven't seen him much, except for when I go up there to see him and help. We are really excited about bringing 2 Brothers Grill to Hattiesburg and can't wait for opening day! I plan on helping out as much as I can after work but definitely not going to over do it and wear myself out.

We had a our family reunion this weekend in Meridian as well. It was good to see all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins that I rarely get to see throughout the year. Jennifer surprised me with an early birthday present of clothes and a really awesome high chair for Connor plus props for his newborn photo shoot! They are all so cute!











Pregnancy Highlights: 


How Far Along: 21 weeks

Size of Baby: The size of a spaghetti squash about  8 inches and 1 pound  (WOW!!)  

Total Weight Gain/Loss: My 20 week ultrasound reported I have gained 12 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: I haven't necessarily bought "maternity clothes" but I have bought a new pair of stretchy jeans since none of my pants fit as well as a few more maxi dresses. I am loving maxi dresses!

Gender: It's a BOY! (I had a feeling it was going to be a boy the whole time! Yay!)

Movement: Connor is very active at night when I am laying down

Sleep: I can't seem to sleep in anymore on the weekends! I go to bed around 9 still but am not really sleeping as well as I was. I think part of it is because we have so much going on right now with the restaurant and baby. 

Cravings/Aversions: Still trying to eat as healthy as I can but really haven't had any cravings. 

Emotions: Feeling a little stressed about getting nursery done. It's a little overwhelming picking out bedding!

What I Miss: Being able to do anything I want to do. It seems every time I try to lift a box or do anything like that someone is yelling at me not to lift because I'm pregnant. I get that I am pregnant, but I have to live, too! I work out, lift weights, and transfer patients all day long at work. I can lift a little bit of weight if I have to :)

Symptoms: Mid back pain, primarily left side ever since it started in the first trimester. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Finishing the nursery.







No comments:

Post a Comment