Tuesday, September 25, 2012

23-24 Weeks


This past week I turned 28 years old! Wow! Can't believe I am only 2 years from the big 3-0! For my birthday, my mother in law surprised me and my sister in law, whose birthday is a week after mine (and who recently announced that she was pregnant too!), with a beach trip with our moms to Gulf Shores! This could have possibly been one of the best birthday presents I have ever received! We did lots of relaxing...and shopping :) Connor is already getting spoiled by both of his grandmothers (aka Diva Nana and GiGi) We got into Gulf Shores on Friday after work so we ate at the condo and talked all night. Saturday, Mom and I and Whitney and Mrs Wanda woke up and walked for about an hour on the beach. It was so nice and peaceful and full of baby talk! Then we all laid out on the beach all day. It was perfect weather! Saturday night we went to eat at The Hangout..food was okay, but atmosphere was great! We got to listen to live music while we ate which is always fun. Sunday we woke up and it was overcast so we decided to go to Foley and shop and eat at Lambert's! We literally shopped all day..from 11 am to 6 pm. Needless to say, we were all exhausted! Monday, we had to check out by 11 so we decided to pack up and head back since the weather was overcast again and ended up storming. Thank you so much Mrs Daphne and mom for a wonderful birthday present!! At least we had 1 pretty day to lay out on the beach!

Brad and I are very excited about Michael and Whitney being pregnant. They are about 3 months behind us which means the babies will grow up being close! I can only imagine how much fun we are going to have with them! :) 









The only swim suit pic I took all weekend...I call
 this one the "beach whale" pic! :)



Pregnancy Highlights: 


How Far Along: 24 weeks

Size of Baby: The size of a eggplant about 9 inches and 1.7 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 14 pounds

Maternity Clothes: While at the beach, Mrs. Daphne and mom bought me a few maternity pieces. As bad as I did't want to try maternity clothes on, I was actually surprised at how comfy and cute they were. 

Gender: It's a BOY!

Movement: Beginning to feel Connor a lot more now and catch myself always rubbing my belly :) 

Sleep: I'm starting to have more difficulty finding comfortable positions. My mid back is starting to hurt again so I feel like I am constantly changing positions all night long. It's also hard for me to sleep in on the weekends! My eyes seem to open at exactly 7 am on Saturday mornings which I am not liking at all! 

Cravings/Aversions: As bad as I want a burger from 2 Brothers Grill, I am staying away from burgers and steak for now since they have both made me sick. Still haven't had many cravings... trying to eat as healthy as possible, although when it comes to sweets, I'm allowing myself to cheat! :) 

Emotions: After watching "What To Expect When You're Expecting" over the weekend and Kim Kardashian giving birth on TV, I am getting more nervous about my delivery! Can't believe its only 3 1/2  months away!!

What I Miss: Margaritas :) 

Symptoms: Mid back pain and indigestion

What I'm Looking Forward To: Brad put Connor's crib together over the weekend and the baby furniture is being made and should be ready by November so I'm getting excited about putting the nursery together! Still haven't found bedding though...well I kind of have at Nursery Rhymes in Jackson but trying to decide whether to spend the money or not!! Planning to go to Brookhaven soon to a discount fabric store called Cotton Patch to see what other options are out there. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment