Monday, October 8, 2012

26 Weeks

Connor seems to have doubled in size this week because my belly has grown! He has become a little kick boxer too..always moving around, punching and kicking me! :) This weekend was our annual Talladega trip. We had a blast with Mr. Curtis and Mrs. Daphne, camping out in the RV, grilling and watching football. If only the weather would have been better...  Brad, Nola, and I got there Friday night. We chilled out most of the night and I went to bed early. "To bed", I mean the top bunk of the RV. You can only imagine how stiff I woke up Saturday morning with my back already hurting from the past week. I woke up, did my stretches, took a hot shower, and then felt much better. Saturday, we shopped around for t shirts, hats, etc. It was funny to see Brad looking at all of the baby Nascar stuff. After shopping, we went to the truck races. The weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold, sunny with a breeze. By the end of the race, however, we were all frozen! We hadn't prepared for the weather to drop on Saturday evening since it was so beautiful earlier in the day. On Sunday, we all bundled up because it was only supposed to get up to 60 degrees plus 13 MPH North winds!  Since our seats are at the very top of the stadium, we knew we would be in for some wind. I never expected it to get as cold as it did though! I don't think it even got up to 60 degrees. Thank goodness we all had our snow jackets, gloves, and hats because it was COLD! The race was pretty good....as good as a race can be :) There were 2-3 small car wrecks, but then on the very last lap there was a 20 car pile up. Pretty sad that wrecks are the excitement of Nascar! (Thankfully, no one was hurt.) Brad and I surprised Mr. Curtis with Pitt passes for Sunday's race so we got up early and went to the pitt before the race began Sunday. Brad, nor his dad had ever been down there before so they were both excited about the tickets and being able to see what all goes on in the pitt. Overall, we had a really good time "Snow skiing at Talladega" and can't wait for next year!











Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 26 weeks

Size of Baby: The size of a cucumber about 15 inches and 2.2 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 14 pounds..still haven't updated since I have not been to MD. I know I have gained with Connor growing like he is though!

Maternity Clothes: Still wearing scrub pants, but my tops are too small. Wearing basic t's that I went up a size in most of the time. 

Gender: It's a BOY!

Movement: Connor is still moving around a lot. 

Sleep: Definitely didn't sleep good this weekend because we were in the RV and my back was killing me. Once I got in my own bed on Sunday night though, I slept like a rock!  

Cravings/Aversions: Beginning to crave sweets...not good! Have tried so hard not to eat them, but I can't turn down cookies, cakes, brownies, doughnuts.... I better get my booty back in the gym!

Emotions: Suppose I'm feeling ok...no crazy outburst, or overly emotionally yet. 

What I Miss: Working out...need energy and motivation!!

Symptoms: My ribs are beginning to hurt as Connor grows and my ribs expand. Also, my left rib area gets numb feeling sometimes. I'm assuming he is pushing on a nerve or its just poor circulation. Back pain is still a constant. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: My application says that I have 13 weeks left before Connor gets here! Wow!!! Time is flying by! I better get this nursery finished :)


No comments:

Post a Comment