Sunday, August 26, 2012

20 Weeks - Gender Reveal Party!

I had my 20 week ultrasound on Monday of this week. We got a great report! Baby Cornett is very active in my tummy, although I can barely feel it! Baby C weighs only 12 ounces and all of Baby C's organs measured right on target which was wonderful news to hear. It was so neat seeing Baby C move around and wave at us! When it came time to check the sex of Baby C, Brad and I both turned our heads so we wouldn't see!  This was the hardest thing ever! It was very tempting to look, but we knew we both wanted to be surprised at the Gender Reveal Party scheduled for Saturday. That's right...Saturday! We had to wait all week to find out even though it was right there in front of us! Our ultrasound tech put the ultrasound pic in an envelope for us and I brought it to work the next day to give to Jessi since she was making my Reveal cupcakes! (BTW, the cupcakes turned out so cute!) So this is one of the pics we got see! Baby C sucking his/her thumb!


Saturday night finally arrived after a very long week of preparing for the party! I made several pink and blue goodies including marshmallow pops, rice krispie treats, Funfetti cake mix dip, and pretzels! The table turned out so cute with the "secret" cupcakes being the center of attention! We also had a ton of appetizers and chilled Greek chicken pasta that Brad made. Lots of our family and friends came to cheer us on for the reveal. When it was finally time to bite into the cupcakes, my stomach got butterflies! We were finally about to find out if were having a little girl (Stella Grace) or little boy (Connor Bradley)!! Everyone crowded around the table as Brad and I prepared for the Reveal. We even Face-timed my best friend Lauren who lives in New Mexico so she could "be there" since she could not physically be there for the party. When we bit into the cupcakes, the insides were BLUE!!! Yay!! Everyone cheered and laughed and ran up to us hugging and congratulating us! We are so excited to be having a little BOY!








Getting ready for the big reveal!
So happy!
Taking a double look :)
Yay! It's BLUE!
Grandparents and Great Grandma!
GiGi and Aunt Jen
Aunt Whit and Uncle Michael





I'm a BOY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment