Friday, July 6, 2012

13 Weeks

Back Pain Already?

My mid to lower back has been hurting for about a month now. Not fun. My nausea is finally easing off and my energy is slowly coming back but now I have to fight with the back ache! Maybe one day I'll get back in the gym. Anywho, I got my first prenatal massage this week hoping it would give my back some relief. Fail. I walked out with my back still aching. She did tell me that my pelvic bones were shifting around to make room for the baby which causes pull on my mid to lower back resulting in strain. So since I did not get any relief after the massage, I asked one of my co-worker physical therapy friends to take a look at my pelvic alignment just to see how bad out of alignment I was. My left pelvic bone was slightly higher than my right so after putting me through various positions and stretches she was able to get me back aligned correctly.  For now, anyway. She gave me some stretches and core strengthening exercises to do in hopes of decreasing the chances of it coming back out of alignment. (Thank you Kalyn!) My back is feeling a little better after a day or two of doing the stretches and exercise so hopefully it will continue to get better! So even though the prenatal massage was not an instant fix, I did enjoy the massage and will definitely go back for another one soon since Eden Spa puts their prenatal massages half off pretty regularly! :) Hopefully between the two my back will feel better so I can start back exercising.



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 13 weeks


Size of Baby: The size of an lemon about 3 inches and 1.5 ounces


Total Weight Gain/Loss: 2-3 lbs gain - haven't officially weighed since my MD appt during week 11 since we don't own a scale. Maybe its time to invest in a scale!


Maternity Clothes: Still wearing normal clothes - Def starting to show a little now though :)


Gender: My doctor does not check gender until 20 weeks! We are so anxious to find out!


Movement: No movement from baby, but there are definitely some things growing and moving inside me :)


Sleep: Everyone tells me that when the 2nd trimester hits my energy will return. I am definitely feeling like I have more energy, and I don't go straight to the couch anymore when I get home from work. So that's a plus! And I know Brad is happy since I am beginning to help out around the house more :)


Cravings/Aversions:  I have been eating fresh tomatoes like they are going out of style though! Tomato sandwiches, BLT's, and home made pizzas on tortillas with moz, tomato, and basil! So thankful for my co-workers and patients bringing me tomatoes from their gardens!


Emotions: Nothing out of the ordinary that I have noticed.


What I Miss: Going out with friends for dinner and drinks. Seems like I haven't seen my friends since I got pregnant! One reason may be that 3 of us are all pregnant ;)


Symptoms: Headaches. Seems like the headaches started about a week ago and have not quit! Also, my back pain.


What I'm Looking Forward To: Finding out what the gender is! And hearing our baby's heart beat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment