Friday, July 6, 2012

2 Brothers Grill is Expanding to Hattiesburg!



Just when we thought our lives weren't crazy enough with preparing for a baby, my husband decides he wants to open a new restaurant! Well, that's not exactly how it came about but it sure fell that way :) Brad and his brother opened 2 Brothers Grill - Columbia in May of 2011. The restaurant has done remarkable! We are so blessed that Columbia welcomed them and supported their restaurant. I can't believe it has already been a year since they opened! Boy how time flies. Brad is such a go-getter who loves a good challenge, and I am so proud of all of his hard work with the restaurant to have made it this far . Once he sets his mind on something, no one can hold him back. I love that in him. So when he began talking about opening another restaurant in Hattiesburg I wasn't shocked. I always knew he wanted to own several restaurants around the Hattiesburg area. I just had no idea it would be only a year after opening his first! So after searching for many months for a building in the Oak Grove community of Hattiesburg we finally found the perfect location. I can always tell when Brad gets excited about something and when I saw his smile and his giddiness after signing the lease I knew he was ecstatic. Here we ago again, a year later! 


So this week started the construction phase of getting the new restaurant ready for 2 Brothers Grill. Brad has not missed a beat getting everything prepared for the restaurant. He has gotten the contractors, electricians, and plumbers all set up, equipment ordered, tables and chairs ordered, and even flew to Houston and drove a huge U Haul back with lots of booths, outside tables and chairs, kitchen equipment, and so much more.  He amazes me every day with his creativity and vision for the restaurant. Brad is also such the handy man. He can make, fix, and do anything. He has been painting, building office desk, cleaning, and landscaping while the construction guys have been working on the demolition and rebuliding of walls. He has been at the restaurant by 6:30 every morning and has not gotten home before 8 pm all week. Again, he just amazes me! 

I am so excited about this expansion for him and know he will only succeed. People in Hattiesburg are already talking about "2 Brothers Grill coming to Hattiesburg" and you can hear the excitement in their voices.  He is definitely making a name for himself with 2 Brothers Grill, and I am so thankful and blessed that he is able to continue this adventure as a restaurant owner. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for 2 Brothers Grill! 

So when is 2 Brothers Grill - Hattiesburg opening? We are hoping for mid August...just in time for football season!! Hattiesburg, get ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment