Sunday, July 1, 2012

Introducing Baby Cornett

So a lot has happened since my last blog and we have some exciting news to share! On May 3, 2012 I took a pregnancy test (Brad was at work at the time) and it came back positive! Boy was I suddenly filled with all kind of emotions! I was excited, shocked, and scared all at the same time! We had been talking for a while about having a baby so that's not why I was "shocked". I was shocked because we had only "tried" one time! I was scared because I couldn't believe this was really about to happen and of course my mind starts racing about am I really ready to be a mom?? But then the excitement overcame me, and I couldn't quit smiling and giggling at the thought of having a baby! So, at this point, I had to decide how to tell Brad. And I had to decide quick because he was going to be home in 20 min from work. I thought about his nightly routine and he always comes in and goes straight to shower when he gets home. So, I decided to leave the pregnancy test on the bathroom sink. Surely he wouldn't miss it! Well...after 45 min of him not going into the bathroom and him trying to talk to me (you can only imagine what my face looked like..grinning from ear to ear and face solid red and trying to walk into different rooms so he wouldn't see me so he wouldn't figure it out!) he finally goes into the bathroom and sees the pregnancy test! I wish I would have had a camera ready because he got the biggest smile on his face and said "so you are really pregnant?" We hugged, kissed, and laughed! Both so giddy at the thought of having a baby!
So at this point I was only a a few weeks pregnant so we knew we couldn't tell the world just yet but we were dying to tell our parents! It just so happened that Mother's Day fell on May 13, 2012. This was perfect! What better gift to give to our mom's and grandmother than the gift of a grand baby! So we called everyone and planned for Mother's Day lunch to be at our house after church. The 2 weeks in between of finding out we were pregnant and revealing it on Mother's Day were the longest 2 weeks of my life! I talk to my mom pretty much every day and tell her everything!! I wanted to tell her so bad about me being pregnant. But I kept quiet until the big reveal. Mother's Day finally arrived and Brad cooked shrimp alfredo for all of us which included my mom and Tommy, In-laws Daphne and Curtis, Bro and Sis in-laws Michael and Whitney, and our grandmother. My sister, Jennifer, and her fiance, Cade couldn't come but I told her the week prior! She was ecstatic! During lunch, I was about ready to burst out our big news! It was so hard not to just tell them! But, Brad and I had pictures made of us holding a frame saying (Baby Cornett Coming 2013) and holding a pink and blue balloon and this was going to be how we reveal the big news. After lunch and dessert, it was finally time to open Mother's Day presents! Yay!! I had mom, Daphne, and mamaw all sit on the same couch together while they opened presents so we could take pics and film their reactions. So I gave them their gift bags that had the picture framed in it. I think I was shaking when I gave them the bags ha! When they opened it, they all just kinda stared at it. (Not really the reaction I was looking for..) Of course, they said they couldn't read the writing (Baby Cornett Coming 2013) because they didn't have on their glasses!!! At this point I was about ready to pop! I finally asked "Do yall get it??!!!" They finally put it together and all screamed with excitement! Everyone was so happy! My mom especially. She has been asking for a grand baby for a while now! She even announced that she wanted to be called "GiGi"!  Here are a few pics of our Mother's Day reveal of Baby C!








No comments:

Post a Comment